This week in worship….
Ann Lawton will be preaching from Mark 9:9-32. Her sermon is entitled Benefit of the Doubt.
She’ll be speaking about the ways that God can use doubt in our lives to grow our hearts and stretch our thinking.
She’ll be looking at the way evil can bring us down, but God lifts us up, despite our doubts, in the midst of our deepest need.
VBS, Haiti, ASP, and More!
Some may call it “Summer Break” but Sunrisers are still working hard to build the kingdom in Holly Springs and beyond….
- A HUGE “THANK YOU” to everyone who has made VBS possible this week! We hosted over 120 kids with the help of over 50 adults. Stay tuned for some great photos on our Facebook Page! All Sunrisers are invited at 7:30pm tonight (Thursday) to join us in the closing of VBS, complete with throwing dirty water in Dr. Barr and Pastor Jen’s faces if our kids hit their goal of saving 100 lives this year by providing clean water overseas! We’d also LOVE some extra hands tonight to “undecorate” and ready our spaces for worship. Contact Pastor Jen with any questions.
- ASP 2017 Group Meeting –ASP Is headed to Avery County, NC! All participants in ASP 2017 and their parents are asked to meet with Melanie Penny in Pod 3 Sunday, June 25th, following the 11 am worship service. This is an important meeting for trip details, team formation, packing information, and final payments and forms. Contact Melanie if you are unable to attend.
- Sunrisers are invited to a birthday celebration for Janice Mustian, Sunday, June 25, from 2:00pm – 4:00pm at Carillon Assisted Living. Carillon is located at 6516 Johnson Pond Road, Fuquay, NC. Please gather in the Country Kitchen Room. Drop in at any time and wish Janice a Happy Birthday. No gifts please. For more information, contact Paula Kaiser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-753-8300.
- Our Sunrise foreign mission team leaves for Haiti on July 8th! Our team will be returning to Cabaret where we will partner with a local church to lead VBS for children in the community. You may not be able to travel to Haiti but you can be part of the mission trip by donating. We will be collecting supplies in the office through July 2nd. For a list of needed items go to mysunrise.org/Haiti
- Fireproof Alumni Sunday is August 6! Calling all Fireproof grads, we need you! Join the alumni band and help lead worship on August 6. For more information contact Laura Rabon (email@example.com).
|Welcome our New Pastor, John Michael McAllister, July 1st and 2nd in worship.
We will have a welcome reception during Sunday School on the 2nd as well as a potluck for him on July 16.
Rev. John Michael will be participating in several small group meetings throughout July and August to get to know the congregation. These group meetings will be limited to approximately ten people and will be held at convenient locations around the community. This is a great way to meet our new pastor on an individual basis and exchange information. Sign up information will be available in the next few weeks.
|Want to help shape Children’s Sunday School at Sunrise? We’ll be having a meeting for teachers (current or future!) as well as any interested parents to help to decide the course for our Sunday School hour for our children going into the fall! Come and be a part of the conversation – let Pastor Jen know you’re coming by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can have a light lunch for everyone– Sunday, July 16th at 12:15pm.|
|Reserve your spot now for our Women’s Beach Retreat on Oak Island this Sept. 22-24. Learn more about “Intimacy with God” (what it means to be the Bride of Christ and gain greater fullness in a relationship with him). The cost is $150.00 for the weekend. Please sign up soon as space is limited, and a deposit of $75 is due June 30. Just drop your check in the offering with “women’s retreat” in the memo line or put it in the women’s ministry mailbox.
Also, be sure to check out the Women’s Sunday School class this summer!